Frequently Asked Questions
This page provides answers to the most frequently asked questions about expressPay. In case you don't find what you're looking for, feel free to leave us a message, or call (+233) 307 000 503 for assistance.
- Why did my payment fail?
- How can I cancel a payment?
- How long does it take for a payment to reflect?
- How do I know that my bill has been paid?
- What can I use to pay?
- When can I pay?
- Why do you need my full name, email address and phone number?
- How can I make a suggestion?
- How should I submit an issue?
- Is expressPay safe?
- How safe and secure are the passwords I store in expressPay?
- Will expressPay ever share or sell my information?
- Why do I need to share my ID?
- Why is there a limit on my account?
Q1 of 14
Why did my payment fail?
Most payment failures are caused by one of the following reasons:
- Non-sufficient Funds (NSF) this is similar to a "bounced check." This happens when you try to pay more than is available in your bank account. Please note that while expressPay doesn't charge you for NSF, your bank may. Please refer to your bank for details.
- Your bank did not authorize this specific payment. This may happen the first time you use the service. Once you authorize your bank, you should be able to transact.
- Your biller refused the payment. expressPay will let you know if this is the case and you can contact your biller for more information.
- To protect you from accidental double-payments, expressPay may reject identical payments (same amount to the same biller) made immediately after each other.
Q2 of 14
How can I cancel a payment?
Payments are processed instantly and are final. Please refer to our refund policy if warranted.
Q3 of 14
How long does it take for a payment to reflect?
Once you submit a payment, expressPay verifies your payment authorization with your bank and then securely submits it to the biller. Most payments are reflected instantly on your account and we will keep you updated on the status of all pending payments.
Q4 of 14
How do I know that my bill has been paid?
After you make a payment, expressPay will email you a receipt. You can also check payment status by reviewing your transaction history under "My Account" when logged in. You can also contact us at email@example.com or via phone with your payment reference ID (available on the receipt displayed when you complete bill payment, and on the receipt you receive by email) if you require assistance.
Q5 of 14
What can I use to pay?
You can use your debit, credit card, bank or other payment account to make payments with expressPay.
Q6 of 14
When can I pay?
You can pay at anytime. As soon as your payment is reflected, your merchant account will be credited appropriately.
Q7 of 14
Why do you need my full name, email address and phone number?
Before you can use expressPay to make payments, we need to confirm your identity. We protect this information with bank-level security and will never sell your personal information.
Q8 of 14
How can I make a suggestion?
Send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. At expressPay, we strive to constantly improve our service and we welcome all user feedback.
Q9 of 14
How should I submit an issue?
If you are encountering any issues kindly email email@example.com
Q10 of 14
Is expressPay safe?
Yes, expressPay is safe. We do not have access to any of your personal information, usernames or passwords. We also do not have access to your bank account. We simply serve as the platform for you to access your accounts. expressPay adheres to the highest standards in security in order to keep your data private and secure. All your data is protected with a 256-bit encryption level and the data exchanged with expressPay using SSL in order to create a highly secured connection between users and expressPay's servers. We work to bring you a great service, with the peace of mind that your information will be protected.
Q11 of 14
How safe and secure are the passwords I store in expressPay?
All credential information is highly encrypted and remains in a closed system which means no one, including our own employees can decrypt the password. expressPay has the ability to save a password or delete it, but we can never read one.
Q12 of 14
Will expressPay ever share or sell my information?
Your privacy is not for sale: expressPay will NEVER (now or in the future) share any personally identifiable information we collect from our users with any 3rd party.
Q14 of 14
Why is there a limit on my account?
Due to BoG regulations, each account has a set number of transactions that can be performed daily. However, at your request, that limit can be increased after the required verification process has been completed.